With an OpenVPN server available or created on your own Mac it’s time to setup your OpenVPN client. Sure you can do this with command lines but for a user, which a client usually is for, you should use a nice GUI. Introducing; Tunnelblick.
1. Download it, install it, run it. You will be asked if you have a configuration file. Just say you don’t. A finder window will open and a .ovpn file will be inside. Open this file in an editor. Change the line;
remote my-server-1 1194
2. Change these lines as well;
3. Save the file and place your files ca.crt, pinocchio.crt and pinocchio.key with the .ovpn file.
4. Rename the directory to something you can identify with and add extension .tblk. If, for example, it’s a connection to work, rename the directory to “Work.tblk”. You will be asked if you want to add the .tblk extension; accept it.
5. Now you can open this .tblk file and Tunnelblick takes over; you should be able to connect to your server now.