Hi all. It’s been a while since I posted something interesting, sorry ’bout that. For now I can make setting up a new web server, or upgrading it after an OSX upgrade, a bit easier. A colleague of mine tried it and ran into some problems concerning the different steps to take, so this post should help you get it done with more ease.
First make sure you have Apple Xcode installed
- Open de App-Store application and look for it.
When installed, make sure you install the commandline tools.
- Open Xcode
- Open the preferences pane ⌘+,
- Open the ‘Downloads’ tab
- Install the ‘Commandline tools’
Now the posts to follow
- For the base Webserver installation/configuration, follow this post.
- Now add SSL by following this post.
- Add MCrypt in case you need it (roundcube, for instance, does), optional, use this post.
- Install your own DNS server for development TLDs.
- Activate the FTP service on your mac by following this post.
- Perhaps add MemCache?
- Have your Apache2 VirtualHost Configuration file rewritten for you.
Questions, comments, additions? please contact me :)